Thursday, December 6, 2012

Currie's Gratitude 6 December 2012



Dare yourself
Go ahead
It’s always
ALWAYS
Worth everything you might imagine
Just to
DREAM

I had a job once, working in a bookbinding factory. I was young, 19, mayBE, that summer I worked crazy jobs here and there, and this factory job was one of several temporary jobs. It was stifling. It was boring. And I couldn’t [wouldn’t] see an inch BEyond my own nose. [read: ideas about Life]

One day as I let my mind wander wherever it wandered, I thought about WHY… Why did I DO this summer this way?! Why didn’t I go to camp?! Why did I choose this experience over that?!

I don’t recall finding answers to these questions. I DO remember getting fired from that job for BEing a “sleepyhead kid.” To say I was devastated would only BE partly true. What I really was was blessed.

Looking all the way back there, 40 years ago, I have a hard time seeing ME @ 59 in a way that’s different and separate from ME at 19. I don’t know if this is normal. I don’t know if anyone else has these sorts of meandering thoughts.

I don’t know BEcause I don’t ask. I don’t dare ask. I don’t dare, all too often, to dream. To Imagine. Or to Hope for… connection.

I love you, Currie

No comments: