Sunday, December 2, 2012

Currie's Gratitude 2 December 2012



Sorting things out
I assume a focus or
Intention
That oftentimes I canNOT discern
BEcause thoughtsandfeelings cloud me
Like a thick morning fog

A month largely devoted to reflection could sound LONG and BORING. At least it would have sounded long and boring to me in the NOT SO distant Past. Mostly I was content to have made it through, the PHEW that was a close one sort of person I am… or was.

Now, however, I find it curious. And even a little deLIGHTful. So much that I have forgotten, I thought I never wanted to remember, has come out from the shadows and let me see it with new eyes, deeper understanding, and some healthy shakes of humour.

I remember this collage, more a vision or dream board, and who I was when I made it. So full of wishes and hopes and unformed incomplete ideas. Back at the start of 2012 I was still under the spell of MORE yet I included those words in the very bottom corner: TO LIVE CONTENT WITH SMALL MEANS…

Perhaps there is nothing greater than how those 6 words have BEcome part of me this year. I no longer seek MORE. If anything I seek Less, and have BEcome intimately acquainted with Enough. It has been quite a year.

I love you, Currie

No comments: