Sunday, December 23, 2012

Currie's Gratitude 23 December 2012



When your voice needs to BE heard
When YOU need to BE heard
When only you seeing or hearing
Can let another’s circumstances BE heard
Dare to make a difference…
Speak Up

I think I used to BE far more willing to Speak Up. To BE, like a child, insistent and bold and never the least bit reluctant to call what I saw what I knew it was called.

NOT so much anymore. And that makes me both sad and much more compassionate.

I grew up in a swirl of voices that mostly didn’t want to listen to mine. I’m BEginning Now to see that may well BE why I tend always to err on the side of talking too much. NOT that I am blaming or meaning to shame anyone… even myself.

This year for the first time ever I'm starting to interrupt my jabbering. And it is NOT an easy thing since 90% of my time is spent with just me and Gracie.

I have followed threads backward to what may well BE the WHY of lost communications with people I dearly miss.

I will Speak Up in my own head. Yet sometimes I think I am too late. All wrong. My efforts futile.

Still, I am pointed there. I am Willing to stop and change.

I love you, Currie

No comments: