Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Currie's Gratitude 19 December 2012



To the space that exists when I don’t
And to what is possible when I DO

It is telling that twice in one month I manufactured this prompt for writing. For poeming. For my art. When I realised it I just leaned into it that much MORE.

[it is truly amazing how little I practise just listening…]

I know that the hardest part of just listening for me is that I am afraid no one will hear me or worse, get me, if I DO.

And I think, too, there is that little girl in me who knows she knows so she constantly has her hand raised and is three-quarters of the way OUT of her seat bouncing like little dogs DO when they are barking.

I noticed twice yesterday where I deliberately did NOT just listen. Where I had to add, correct, interject, say just one more thing…

And I noticed three times when just listening was so sweet. Wait, four, no, five… well it’s surely interesting how much MORE just listening I’ve been DOing lately.

Who knew my garden could bloom and blossom like this in December?!

The thing with listening, just listening, is that I get to “get” another. I get to “hear” another. I get to BE Present for and with another. Just exquisite…

I love you, Currie

No comments: