Friday, December 28, 2012

Currie's Gratitude 28 December 2012



DO it YOUR way
Always
Don’t copy
Or BElieve you need to BE someone else
DOing it some other way
Your Way is THE Way for YOU

When I teach I find myself slipping into another sort of mindset. Things that haven’t occurred to me in years suddenly pop on the scene of my brain like they were always Right There.

Perhaps they were.

The past 2 days I have noticed my teacher voice coming back. I have watched myself BEing direct and clear. Saying what I mean. Meaning what I say. FEELing a little meaner, too, when pushed a bit.

I don’t like all that so much but I’m also glad I have it, still, and more, that I am aware of it as a distinct WAY I can DO something.

With the many changes this year, I thought I was nearly done teaching at the museum, but this little Winter Camp gig has shown me some things about myself I didn’t realise or know still hold sway.

Sometimes all it takes is me BEing a little firmer. Using my capacity to connect with one child in a way that works and does NOT exclude the others or shortchange them in any way.

I think it’s important to know my edges and where to push or stay.

I love you, Currie

No comments: