Saturday, December 22, 2012

Currie's Gratitude 22 December 2012



Even when I know what I want
And think I know the way to make it
Discover it
Or just bring it to Life
I’m trying
[by fits and starts]
To follow the directions

Christmastime is one of the times when I always seem to remember these 3 words and their wondrous blessings.

Yet there is always that pause. The laughter. And the memories of winging it when it would have been far wiser to seek AND FOLLOW the directions!!

Sometimes though there ARE NO directions. Writing. Making art. Creating something that just sprang to Life inside my head.

I had an opportunity to DO just that yesterday. I’ve had an idea for something floating around and a promise of something I’d promised. I decided to weave the two together and spent about 3 hours in that weaving. The result?!

Well, surely it was in the Great Direction Index in Currie’s Birdbrain, but I didn’t know where to find it until after I had DONE what I DID. I just decided to BEgin and GO. The way I DO when I write in the mornings.

Like my morning writing, the what I was creating had a “container” to go in. It had a purpose and I was pretty clear about that.

Sometimes directions need to BE followed BACKwards…

I love you, Currie

No comments: