Saturday, December 8, 2012

Currie's Gratitude 8 December 2012



Imagine this
Just for a moment
Whenever you had a brilliant
[or even a silly and seemingly insignificant]
Idea
There was always loads and loads of
Encouragement available to you…

MayBE I am mistaken, or NOT, yet I have found there to BE an abundance of discouragement. And ridicule. Rolled eyes. Deep sighs. Stifled laughter. Faces made by someone on the other end of the telephone.

I have many ideas. Many are admittedly missing essential parts, and NOT terribly thought through on my part.

BUT… sometimes, some really special and amazing times…

I imagine for one moment that surrounding me are all the people I love, all the people I know, and all the people I’ve lost. And they are cheering, clapping, jumping up and down in utter JOY.

They see my hesitation. My awkward and uncertain self trying so to NOT fail. NOT fall apart.

And they just lift her up and by extension ME. And how we start to soar and shine and come to know the wonder of Encouragement.

It is so easy to give a child that YOU CAN DO IT!! Encouragement, but NOT so much adults, peers, even partners and best friends.

Imagine there were an Encouragement Always Available stand just up the block. Would YOU BE someone who could work it Today?!

I love you, Currie

No comments: