Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Currie's Gratitude 11 December 2012



dare to ask…
for what you want
or just what you think you need
you never
EVER
could imagine what asking
might reveal.

I’m often full of questions and fuller still of hesitation, doubt, and rationalisations why NOT to ask them.

That’s been a GINORMOUS disappointment to me over and over and yes, over AGAIN.

Lately I have BEgun to dare myself a little. And then a little more. What I am discovering, much to my amazed astonishment, is that often it is the question I won’t ask that is standing BEtween me and whatever it is that I think I need. Want. Or just think I need. Or want.

As I was searching for something to use for my art this morning, I came upon this star box. I made it during the summer of 2010. When I was still a bundle of confusion and spinning round and round but never really stopping anywhere for long enough to get my bearings or balance.

I gave it, and a bunch of other art I’d made, to the Pap Corps ladies last Christmas for their 12-day sale at the mall. It felt so good to BE DOing something when I thought I could DO nothing.

Remembering that I dared to ask what I COULD DO made all the difference.

I love you, Currie

No comments: