Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Currie's Gratitude 18 December 2012



It is NOT just a hymn
Nor words to a pretty song
It is as real
And as deep
A wish
As I have ever known

Some mornings I surprise myself. I think I am just living along the surface of Today, showing up here at the appointed time, writing like I breathe, BEcause there is no other choice for me.

And I am so very wrong.

This morning I feel full of something I canNOT wrap words nor even my thoughts round. It is a prayer, my prayer, and it is a prayer of Peace.

Peace in hearts. Peace in minds. Peace for the young. Peace for the old. Peace we can understand and see and touch. Peace that is in the wind or in a wave or in the wonder of a baby’s smile.

Peace BEtween. Peace among. Peace in the city. Peace in the country. Peace in a whisper. Peace in an inglorious shout. Peace around tables. Peace that rides starlight.

My prayer is such a simple one. It’s borrowed words for goodness sake!! It isn’t original or new or in any way improved. Prayer doesn’t need upgrades. It is ready to go out of the box. No batteries nor any charging up required.

Prayer is as simple as breathing and, as essential for Life.

I love you, Currie

No comments: