Thursday, December 27, 2012

Currie's Gratitude 27 December 2012



Imagine it BEing so simple
Clear
Poignant…
That could change everything.

Sometimes I pretend I am capable of turning the Titanic. Making Time stop and moving things and events and people into different formations.

And sometimes it happens without me pretending. It happens in those quiet moments when I am just open. Moments AFTER something strange to me has occurred. In a pause.

And that changes everything.

When I come to see or understand or even just to know something I did NOT BEfore, I am amazed at how it can completely turn me round to see from another [or another’s] perspective.

In The Phantom Tollbooth by Norman Juster, this is demonstrated in a fun fashion. In what Tara Sophia Mohr said above it is very direct. Hard-hitting yet with an extraordinary gentleness.

I had several disparate things occur in my day that was “yesterday.” In each case there was a moment for pause.

For stepping away in my mind.

Stopping action long enough to consider what was happening and how I was reacting to what was happening.

These were gifts though I did NOT see them in that Light straightaway.

I did, however, notice:

How often I judge, assume, and simply BElieve whatever my brain tells me.

How I self-protect.

How I let myself BE affected. Changed.

I love you, Currie

No comments: