Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Currie's Gratitude 4 December 2012



Telling the truth isn’t easy
It can BE scary
Even paralyzing
It often makes others go a little crazy
Yet it is always the right thing
Always

Correcting a lie is often a good starting point for telling the truth. And it really and truly NEVER is about someone else. It is ALWAYS about Me.

I spent some time yesterday telling the truth. It started inside my Very Busy Brain. And by early afternoon it came tumbling out within a lot of words in one of my journals. The one where I write stuff out and where the cramps in my hand don’t get to make me stop.

It wasn’t an easy thing, but it got easier once I started. I wrote 3 letters that will never BE sent or read but they are no longer taking up precious space inside of me. They canNOT stifle me anymore.

Telling the truth sounds so noble and honourable. Really it is how I save my Life. Which I suppose some would consider noble and honourable, but it’s NOT. NOT really.

Telling the truth in a jumble of words that even I didn’t reread was the Very Best Thing I Could DO. For myself.

It wasn’t noble or particularly honourable. It was simply necessary. And it was Time I did so.

I love you, Currie

No comments: