Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Currie's Gratitude 5 December 2012



Choosing to DO or BE
Have or Let Go
It was always up to Me.

I’ve been reflective and thoughty as December has BEgun. It is my choice. It is how I am using this time. While all round me [and deLIGHTfully so, I might add] the holidays are marinating themselves into everything, I am standing Here and BEing more of an observer.

I AM CHOOSING this. It is what I want Now. And I am enJOYing it very much.

So much so, in fact, that when the 3rd of the 3 kids up front asked about my tree, I came back after our late afternoon walk and brought the tree down from the closet.

When I woke up this morning I was struck with the simplicity of this one piece of Christmas I have chosen. Instead of wanting it to BE more or different or one of several “things” to signify my spirit, I was struck with how Enough it is.

Choosing to really choose what I want and NOT what I think I should want or what YOU might want me to want is a whole lot bigger of a deal than I’d imagined. It has given me wings. It has brought me JOY and peace.

Gratitude fills me daily for this gift of Choosing To…

I love you, Currie

No comments: