Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Currie's Gratitude 26 December 2012



Maintaining a sense of wonder
Allowing it room
And time to BE
Can get tricky
Still…
It’s worth the effort

I am grateful this morning. BEcause I CAN BE. BEcause I CHOOSE to BE.

It was a quiet and nice day yesterday. I stayed open for surprise and magic and the wonder that is Christmas. I wasn’t disappointed. [A bit undone and dismayed but still glad of my initiative to pick up the 20-ton telephone first thing when Gracie and I returned from Morning Adventure.]

It is curious how conditioned a person can BEcome and yet how astonished. I am reminded of a phrase that goes something like, “When someone shows you who they are, BElieve them the first time.”

If I had attempted to predict how things would shake out, if I had lost my sense of wonder and curled up into myself, knowing better than to put myself out there, I don’t know that I would find myself feeling so grateful looking back.

So this is a good thing. BEing a bit undone. Dismayed.

My great deLIGHT was a Beautimously painted pot and plant from the 3 kids in front. I think they are encouraging my thumbs to grow greener. It could happen!!!

And enJOYing them enJOYing their skateboards and scooter?! Just utterly and completely deLIGHTfull!!!

I love you, Currie

No comments: