Friday, August 31, 2012

Currie's Gratitude 31 August 2012

BElong Ó 2012 Currie Silver


Where is that place where BElonging lives?
How DO I get there
From here?
Right Now?
Oh…

Choosing BElong wasn’t easy. It’s a feeling I’ve felt too infrequently to BE able to write about without a certain level of ickiness attached. And then there is the part where I have sought to erect massive walls so another or others wouldn’t BElong. Definitely a sticky word.

Still, I am grateful for digging deeper into this word. It is always enlightening to find out where the dictionary spends most of its word-load. In BElong’s case it is:

An intransitive verb. BE property of somebody or something; BE linked to somebody or something; BE classified as part of something; BE a component; BE in right place [having a right place?!]; BE accepted somewhere… [capitalisation mine ;~D]

Okay.. So is that how I define it? Or isn’t my definition more of what is NOT BElonging?!

Funny how that happens. Despite learning how a word is defined, I can still define it for myself and pay little to NO attention to what those learned folks at Encarta, in this case, say BElong means.

One thing I DO know is that BElonging when I am inside looking out at who does NOT is really much worse than outside-looking-in…

I love you, Currie

No comments: