Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Currie's Gratitude 8 August 2012

BE Trustworthy Ó2012 Currie Silver 


DO what you said you’d DO
Follow-through
Make it a priority
Keep your word
BE worthy of trusting.

When I set out to create Plan BE, I used a simple trick I’d learned works well for me to mine my birdbrain for insights and ideas. I used the alphabet. I know there are many good “T” words, yet the one that floated to the top for me THAT TIME was Trustworthy.

I am certain that there was [and is] a Very Good Reason for this word BEing part of Plan BE. Trustworthy means: dependable, reliable, responsible, truthful, honest, constant, honorable, upright,and faithful. At least those are the synonyms I found.

I have NOT always been Trustworthy. [oh surprise?!] I have been neither dependable nor constant. I haven’t been upright and I’ve surely been irresponsible. I’ve stretched and even fabricated the truth.

And yet…

One of the things I look for in others is Trustworthiness. And one of my strengths is Trustworthiness. I hadn’t really wrapped my head round all this until just Now, but I have also known it for a Very Long Time.

It is easy to promise, to say I will DO this or BElieve you when you say you will DO that. What’s NOT is when I [or you] don’t.

I love you, Currie

No comments: