Monday, August 13, 2012

Currie's Gratitude 13 August 2012

BE Humble Ó2012 Currie Silver

Even if I need to look, to BE exposed
And vulnerable
To take the long way
I will BE Humble
I will allow Life to BE
Life

I know my ideas around BEing Humble and having Humility spent a Very [Too] Long Time swirling about in me in confused chaos. I know that when I was young, but no longer a child, I could NOT stand to feel Humble BEcause, largely, I didn’t understand it then, as I have come to understand it over the past few decades. I hated to BE put in “my place” and to BE condescended to, especially by those who did this with a certain glee at their lot, to BE able to shame and openly disrespect me.

I know that I was NOT a very humble child, teenager, or young adult. In fact, I don’t think I really grasped the draw and power of Humility until I was well into my 50’s. I know that BEing Humble scared me. It seemed to BE a way to keep from BEing noticed and acknowledged. It seemed ridiculous.

But you know, NOW, with no hesitation whatsoever, I seek Humility and choose BEing Humble. I no longer need others’ approval, recognition, or permission. I embrace my capacity to simply BE Humble.

I love you, Currie

No comments: