Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Currie's Gratitude 28 August 2012

BEautimous Ó 2012 Currie Silver


One part luminous
Another part fabulous
Mix in generous
Extraordinary
And Wondrous
And you’ll BE
On your way to
BEautimous

Even when I try to pin down a definition for this word, well, WORDS themselves fail me. Perhaps this is why I am prone to make up words that work and sing to me.

BEautimous is a simple song of praise.

BEautimous is a huge toothy smile carried via email.

BEautimous is a warm hug for someone too far away to reach otherwise.

BEautimous is a word that when seen or heard for the first time is understood, in any language. Rather remarkable, eh?!

Although BEautiful is a fine word, BEautimous goes far BEyond the scope of BEing BEautiful. BEautiful mostly speaks of how a thing or person looks, and usually people, though I have heard [and have even used] it used to describe many other “things” such as landscapes, lit-up trees, and even sunsets.

BEauty is only one tiny piece of BEautimous. And, while an essential piece, it is far too narrow and confining a word to REALLY mean what BEautimous is. I think this is perhaps the origin of the word in the first place. Something that could reach BEyond the little box which defines BEauty or calls a thing BEautiful.

I love you, Currie

No comments: