Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Currie's Gratitude 1 August 2012


BE X-Ray Visual Ó2012 Currie Silver 

                
See what you dream of
See it with clarity
Know it matters NOT
HOW
Only that you SEE it.

Today is the official start-date of my Summer Holidays. Last year I took the month of August for just BEing and, funny thing, it carried on, well, some of it did, and this year I also got all of July after the 12th.

That BEing the case, I also needed something for art-making and poeming. Well, yesterday I continued my sift-and-sort of my many, oh so many, waxed bags of bits and words and I made up some larger “background” and “cut-out” pages on the scanner. I think this is perhaps my favourite part of BEing a collage/mixed-media artist. It’s the part I refer to as “digital-fiddling” and it’s full and overflowing with happy accidents and BEautimous mistakes.

BE X-Ray Visual refers to one of the “chapters” of a course I’m creating called Plan BE. Of course, I could have gone alphabetically, but that wouldn’t have been near as tempting as giving my birdbrain a higher hurdle for these early morning writing Adventures!!

Imagine a time BEfore X-Rays. BEfore so much I know I take for granted. How could anyone dream up the wondrous and magical World we Now enJOY every single minute?!

I love you, Currie

No comments: