Friday, August 3, 2012

Currie's Gratitude 3 August 2012

BE Playful Ó2012 Currie Silver


BE Playful
Seriousness
Acting like a grown-up
Both are over-rated
BE Playful
Meet Life with an open heart
Take it all more lightly.

I had such a wonderful morning yesterday. The 3 kids in the front house came in back while their mom was kind and brave and whacking the green [aka WEED GROWTH] away. She has made the weed whacker work, but without the cover so things blow here and there and it’s generally NOT safe to BE near it. I’d been cutting them, raking the dead leaves, and pondering cutting back the branches that have overgrown their nifty corners into jungles.

Suddenly, I was in a little bit of Heaven. All 3 are very talkative, though Jack is the MOST talkative and constantly asking questions that leave me thinking. They were discovering all the magic surrounding the Wee Cottage, including watching Gracie through the windows as she tried and tried to get out there with us.

Though it was hotter than makes any sense so early in the morning, I stopped noticing, stopped caring. We discovered BEautimous yellow “flowers” and some magical pinkish-red ones. We found shells and wondered aloud about the circular stones round the sad little palm.

I think this is WHY I love/d BEing a teacher. Yes indeedie!!!

I love you, Currie

No comments: