Thursday, August 16, 2012

Currie's Gratitude 16 August 2012

BE Disciplined Ó2012 Currie Silver


Make [take] the Time
To BE
Who and How
You want to BE
Or BEcome.
DO this consistently
That’s Discipline plain and simple…

In a departure from my norm, I’m sharing this photograph I managed to complete yesterday. I am learning, finally, to use Photoshop Elements through taking an e-Course from Kim Klassen called Skinny-Mini. I received PSE8 as a gift Christmas 2009!!

I discovered that I have some learning distractions. [I think that’s a more accurate word than disabilities] This isn’t the first time I’ve come nose-to-nose with them either. In both my psych and work/vocation evaluations with Vocational Rehabilitation, these showed themselves loud/proud and clear.

I am grateful to BE aware of these challenges/distractions BEcause it was only through awareness and self-forgiveness that I was able to complete this particular lesson.

Discipline is my word-of-the-year 2012. It has been gentle and it also regularly kicks me to step up and out BEyond what is comfortable and easy. To embrace my flaws and shortcomings and forgive FIRST and Frequently. To DO what is My Best [for Right Now] without apology or excuses.

BEing Disciplined is simple, although I have mastered complicating it. It is nothing more than consistently showing up and DOing what I said I would. YES!! Just showing up. ALWAYS.

I love you, Currie

No comments: