Saturday, August 4, 2012

Currie's Gratitude 4 August 2012

BE Just The Way You Are Ó2012 Currie Silver 


BEcause nobody else
Can possibly BE it the way YOU can…

BEing just how I am has never been the most thrilling thing I can imagine BEing. In fact, it has some pretty huge cracks in it. [mayBE Leonard Cohen was on to something when he said that’s how the light gets in?!]

And yet there is another voice within me. The one who has never lived out loud, the cheerleader, the jumping up and down and rah-rah-rah-ing Currie. She is one of those “inner inhabitants” who has a voice but NOT really a face, or a body I have walked round in.

And while all that I have said is true, and I BElieve in it completely, there is also a HUGE part of me who feels like a mistake, an error, and truly an aberration. I’ve had a run of “events” the past 6 or 7 years of trying to “fit in” and “find my place” in larger groupings. [even in a small one, but I won’t go there.]

This has me wondering lately, What is it that BElonging and BEing a part of this, that, or the other group/s holds that I want/ed so much?!

And frankly, I canNOT tell you, or even myself…

Oh well…

I love you, Currie

1 comment:

Tito Eric said...

Love your art works, Currie!

Incidentally, the title of your artwork above reminds me of my post last month:

http://turningboholano.blogspot.com/2012/07/perfect-song-for-breakfast.html

Cheers! Enjoy your Sunday!