Saturday, August 25, 2012

Currie's Gratitude 25 August 2012

BE Zen Ó2012 Currie Silver

  
To BE Zen
Is to BE in a sort of eternal paradox
And to live there peaceably,
Neither content nor discontent
Capable of lovingkindness with what is and is NOT.

Plan BE is so much more and less and different and the same as I’d imagined when first I dreamt up the idea. It’s funny how I DO this, make up these little projects and assignments for myself.

In so many ways that is MY BEing Zen. To continually search, within and without. To BE Curious and Have Adventures while exploring the depth and breadth of my paradoxical self.

Making my Life over for Now, for Me on my own Journey rather than one shared, I have uncovered a peacefulness within me that never dared pop out from the shadows. Often I think of these words from Landslide, by Stevie Nicks:

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Well, I've been afraid of changing
'Cause I've built my life around you
But time makes you bolder
Even children get older
And I'm getting older, too

Yet it isn’t always a question that gets answered… How very Zen, eh?!

I love you, Currie

No comments: