Friday, August 24, 2012

Currie's Gratitude 24 August 2012

BE Encouraging Ó2012 Currie Silver 


It doesn’t take much
Only a moment
A gesture
An attitude
That’s all Encouragement asks…

I was, still AM, quite moved by a line from Hello! Dolly about money BEing likened to manure, and that the purpose of money is to “spread it around, encouraging young things to grow.” I love the idea I’ve been calling Encouraging Young Things To Grow. I even purchased it as a domain name
www.encouragingyoungthingstogrow.org. Of course that’s about as far as I got, other thank a fair bit of daydreaming, visualising, and attitude.

It is such a simple thing, really, to BE Encouraging. Yet I’ve often NOT been, have even chosen a discouraging tone and attitude. Why?! BEcause I have been afraid that if I encourage another it will mean less for me, or mayBE even none at all.

While I didn’t see much of these Summer Olympics, only snippets of highlights and some of those barely highlights of highlights, one thing struck me over and over. How the teams, though performing individually, seemed to have it built into their “routine” to hug one another after a performance.

I am grateful that of the little bits I was able to see, my brain was focused upon that. Noticed it. Thought about it. And gave it great consideration…

I love you, Currie

No comments: