Monday, August 6, 2012

Currie's Gratitude 6 August 2012

BE Quiet Ó2012 Currie Silver

BE Quiet
Listen
Lean into
The sounds
Of Life

It’s true that Today I consider myself a quiet person. I’m sure that anyone who knows me in-person and has spent time with me would roll their eyes and mayBE NOT hold back their laughter. And yet, just as age has had its way with refining ME, so, too, has living alone changed some of the fundamental aspects of Who/How I AM.

I’ve had quite a bit of worry and fretfulness lately. Sometimes, though I DO stand by what I write, I write too much. Awareness of this tendency has initiated the worrying and fretting.

I am always listening, but oftentimes it is what is BEing batted about in BEtween my ears that I am listening to. And too closely, too.

Even when I meditate, there is clatter nattering, and listening is difficult.

BEing a quieter person, Now, in this passage, I forget to remember that one person canNOT take in all that I have to say “out loud.” BEcause I am listening, really listening, to EVERYthing, I am finding that less said, less written, and less NEEDING to share what I am thinkingandfeeling is where I want to stand, tall and unafraid.

I am grateful I can look and see this so clearly.

I love you, Currie

No comments: