Thursday, August 2, 2012

Currie's Gratitude 2 August 2012


BE Kind Ó2012 Currie Silver

BE Kind
Just BE Kind
There’s nothing like Kindness
For mending what is broken
And who.

I’m someone who imagines she is kind yet who knows how hard it is to even muster a good thought for someone, especially someone I associate reflexively with an old and deep hurt, humiliation, or devastation to ME.

BEing Kind when I have been hurt, humiliated, and/or devastated takes far more than I BElieve I could EVER have to DO this. I’m far from that strong. In fact, it is something of a trademark of mine. Somehow I learned early and deep to hold onto pain and unkindness and let it act as a buffer to further hurt, humiliation, and/or devastation.

The insanity of such a notion always seems to live on the sidelines, laughing, jeering, and blowing raspberries in my general direction. I don’t know that I learned this so well earlier on, but I DO know I have it down pat Now.

Lately I have been aware of something in me falling away. Like Gracie shedding, it all feels so normal, ordinary, even natural. But there is something still holding me back, and I think it is there more for protection or preservation. I don’t know, YET, who or what will eventually win me over…

I love you, Currie

No comments: