Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Currie's Gratitude 31 July 2012


Accepting & Allowing Ó2012 Currie Silver


These are the paths
To the sort of peace
That is NOT a place
But a way of BEing.

Sometimes I amuse myself by stepping back, sitting on the “sidelines” of my Life, and watching ME in action. It’s usually quite funny, yet rather than laughing at my own expense, I have recently been watching more like ET, observing this strange and curious Life form that is Currie.

I’ve noticed an inner dialogue that I have been aware of since my mid-20’s. It’s changed over time, significantly, and yet it is still worn in and deeply grooved. It is how I REACT and where my thoughtsandfeelings default.

Oftentimes when I speak [or write] of “talking myself in off the ledge” it is this REACTION place that the “ledge” refers to. It is somewhere I go, but it is NOT [at least NOT anymore] where I live. I keep thinking that one of these days I won’t find myself there again, that I will have the good sense to keep my feet on terra firma…

This is where I see Accepting & Allowing at play in Me. I allow myself to go where I go and DO what I DO. I let myself LIVE. And I accept the “ledge” times, when I’m there.

I love you, Currie

No comments: