Thursday, July 26, 2012

Currie's Gratitude 26 July 2012



Dream in Possibilities Ó2012 Currie Silver 

Who is to say?
Really?!
Dream Boldly!
Dream!!
Possibility must first BE dreamt.

I was sifting and sorting and actually tossing away a bunch of scraps and bits from the past couple of months’ paintings. A few that I especially loved [no explaining, I just DO] I set aside. Then I gave myself the time and space to just put them together, to “make a mess” and “see what happens.” The above is one such “what happened.”

As I’ve grown accustomed to DOing, I scanned the 4 collages I made. Then this one [and another its same size and thickness] went to the Land of the Punch. [the other two are too thick and could only BE cut, yet with Very Interesting Results] It was fun to take the circles and the “what’s leftover” circles and arrange them on some black cardstock strips, also leftover.

When I got up this morning, there they all were, my scraps turned into possibilities. Immediately I was drawn to move them about, to see what would happen if…

Perhaps this silly and seemingly small story only shows someone a bit too obsessed with nonsense. However, as the teller and the one who dreamt it all up in the first place, I am utterly and completely deLIGHTed!!!

I love you, Currie

No comments: