Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Currie's Gratitude 18 July 2012

Live Imperfectly Ó2012 Currie Silver
      

Step up and BE
Fall down and get up
Carry on
No one expects more
Only I’m imagining
Perfection possible.

I’ve heard it so often Now that I almost toss it off casually, but Perfection really is delusional. However, and I suspect I am NOT the only one to still hold out hope, I keep aiming toward Perfect. I have no idea WHY, really, but there you go. More evidence that my left and right don’t have a clue about one another’s whereabouts and whys…

Here’s what I have learned, up until Now:

1.      Perfect is like soap bubbles, full of pretty colours and that magical sense of holding it all together, but one touch will cause it to disappear.
2.     Perfect is quiet, alone, and a place where no one ever comes to visit.
3.      Perfect is no more a sentence than it is a verb. Nothing in Perfect breathes, moves, or is able to just BE.

Living is messy and complicated and spontaneous. It is also filled with BEauty and Serendipity. As much as I live with Expectations, Life always has its own Plan and a Momentum that is nowhere within my reach.

I am grateful that I no longer dream of BEing Perfect. It has given me such delicious freedom.

I love you, Currie

No comments: