Sunday, July 1, 2012

Currie's Gratitude 1 July 2012


Let Go. Make Room. Ó2012 Currie Silver

It’s simple
Easy
Loosen your grip
Relax your mind
Breathe
Let Go. Make Room.

It seems to BE such an easy thing, Letting Go, but mayBE that is BEcause I am looking at it from the After Place. Yesterday I was living inside a vice-grip. I was squeezing myself so tightly that it felt unrelenting. Impossible.

Funny thing is, I knew it straightaway when I saw it. I tried stopping. I thought of HOW I have shut it down other times. I considered my options. I didn’t EVEN select one. I just tried loosening my stranglehold just an inch, then 2, then opening my hand. Ahhhhhhh…

I stepped out of myself long enough to SEE ME and instead of ridiculing myself and berating myself even more, I dug deeper and found some compassion and simple understanding. I took a few deep breaths and wiggled my shoulders. I laughed, with kindness, NOT AT myself, just with myself.

In what seemed like hours I was able to see the gripping at a far distance. Really, though, it was no more than a few minutes. A blink in the grander picture of Life.

I’d let go and made room to simply BE. As I was. As I was NOT. And found that deep Gratitude…

I love you, Currie

No comments: