Saturday, July 7, 2012

Currie's Gratitude 7 July 2012

Cherish. Notice. Remember. Ó2012 Currie Silver



Cherish with all your heart
Notice the tiny, seemingly insignificant
Everything
And Remember Love, Kindness
And the wonder of BEing
Cherished. Noticed. Remembered.
Cherishing. Noticing. Remembering.

It wasn’t all that long ago that I BEgan to “cherish” the word Cherish. To want to make it a word in my thinking, perhaps moreso than speaking or writing. Its synonyms are treasure, take pleasure in, appreciate, value, and relish. How amazing, really, when prior to thinking I wanted to make this word one of my own I’d only associated it with a song from a Very Long Time Ago.

It was by noticing what I experienced when I felt “cherished” that I came to the edge of all I thought I knew about Love. Well, about BEing loved, in particular and at first. Then I noticed more and more that there was a HUGE difference BEtween what and who and how I cherished and who, what, and how I was cherished. It was slippery and hard to get my footing there, and I responded to this in a clumsy and awkward way. I caused pain. To others. To myself. To possibilities for friendship.

I remember my awkward clumsiness. And I remind myself that I want to notice and remember what I learned about Cherish

I love you, Currie

No comments: