Thursday, July 12, 2012

Currie's Gratitude 12 July 2012

Make BEautiful Mistakes Ó2012 Currie Silver


Yes! Make Mistakes!
Make BEautiful Mistakes!
Make rip-roaring flat-out ugly ones, too.
Make mistakes every day.
Like brushing your teeth
And getting enough sleep
Mistakes are good and so valuable.

Yesterday I made a whopper. I was NOT prepared. I was NOT really considering the circumstances. I couldn’t EVEN think on my feet to “fix” this mistake. Only when my feet were walking me all the way home through the much milder rain did I even SEE that I’d MADE a mistake.

You see, we are all very good at making excuses and pointing the finger at people or situations that “made us” make our mis-takes. It’s something that starts so early it just seems like we’ve always “been this way.”

When I was teaching I encouraged the kids to remove the erasers from their pencils. Instead of erasing their mistakes, I wanted them to circle them. BE able to “see” where they went “wrong” in whichever way they DID so. It has always made more sense this way, to me.

After all, are NOT our mis-takes that fertile ground from which our most amazing and spectaculicious things have grown, blossomed, and bloomed?!

I hold mistakes in high esteem. I see and trust that they are indeed MOST Beautimously-Beautifull!!!

No excuses required…

I love you, Currie

No comments: