Thursday, July 5, 2012

Currie's Gratitude 5 July 2012



Discover New Ways To BE
Ó2012 Currie Silver

Try
BE Willing
Trust
Lean Into It
Leap
Discover Something New
BE Bold

It’s so funny how Life and we, ourselves, Change constantly, consistently, and yet there is still the illusion that we can hold it off, resist it entirely, or BE in control of it happening.

I’ve been choosing [or letting myself BE chosen BY] a word for the year since 2010. That year it was Simplify, and how chaotically did I both get simpler and find the simplified Life BEcoming mine. I was still thinking, then, I suppose, that I had some control over my “chosen” word. That I chose IT rather than IT choosing ME.

2011’s was Visible and did THAT ever choose ME!!! So no surprise when 2012 presented me with Discipline.

Some of Discipline’s synonyms are order, punishment, control, restraint, authority, but that’s NOT the sort of Discipline I’m learning about at all. MayBE, in some respects, I am, but mostly what I am seeing is that Discipline is that elusive “easier and softer way” to live a Life of which I am NOT ashamed. This sort of surprised me when I first caught onto it, my shame about how I live, how I have lived, yet with Discipline that is changing every single day.

I love you, Currie

No comments: