Monday, July 30, 2012

Currie's Gratitude 30 July 2012

Make A Difference Ó2012 Currie Silver


A simple intention
Easily done
Go into your day
And share yourself
That’s where your difference lives.

These past couple of days I’ve found myself diving a bit deeper than my “tank” is calibrated for. It’s been a push, simple things taking more effort, a bit of swimming up the waterfall. It’s definitely NOT somewhere I like spending oodles of time, yet I welcome the challenge.

I’m measuring progress, comparing what I have done against what I’d expected of myself this year. All that is clear is that I’ve fallen short, in many ways FAR short.

On the other hand…

Who’s to say that short of my expectations is worthless?! NOT really my call. Or NOT ONLY mine.

The things I’m noticing are similarities. Every Gratitude and blog post I read holds something for me to compare to my internal scaffolding. Though I’m NOT comparing to deem BETTER or WORSE, just to compare like a reality check, it’s confusing. I’m confused.

I’m clearly a product of the times in which I’ve mostly lived. I think there’s only so much room at the “top.” I still BElieve in “finders keepers losers weepers.” And, whenever I think about what I want to DO or BE, I just see my inadequacies. Where I fall short…

I love you, Currie

No comments: