Thursday, January 31, 2013

Currie's Gratitude 31 January 2013




It’s a curious thing to find myself Here, Now. One month done with. Completed. Savoured, really, though the time has passed in what feels like merely a blink…

Stay the course. I am unsure of the inspiration for this. We learn, early on, [or at least I learned this very early on] that commitment isn’t permanent. Changing course, taking off in an entirely new direction, these are things encouraged. Expected. Accepted.

As I have reflected and reconsidered and explored my own commitments, I have been surprised at the loyalty in me. I have stayed. [okay, too long, yes, I know] When it would have been simpler [mayBE wiser as well] to GO, I have stayed.

Always there is a Hope inside me. A Hope of reconciliation. Of arriving in the place we call The End where, as T.S. Eliot said… the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.

I am staying the course of my own Life. Perhaps that is the piece I was missing, BEing so loyal and trying so hard to make those broken pieces whole again.

There is an arc to my Life that deserves my dedication and loyalty. A path which unfolds gently into the Journey that is, simply, My Life.

I love you, Currie

No comments: