Saturday, January 5, 2013

Currie's Gratitude 5 January 2013



It’s too easy to just skim
Skip over the stuff
I deem boring
Insignificant

I fell off the reading wagon for years. I let television and movies [videos & dvds] fill in. What a mistake that was for me. And really, I never had a clue.

I always thought I’d LIKE TO read “more” but I didn’t have the TIME.

That seems utterly baffling to me today. I really had myself going. I really thought IF I HAD THE TIME…

The thing is, Now I have the time. I have loads of it. And I don’t have television. I have streaming from Netflix, and yes, I often “read” audiobooks, yet what really counts, for me, what matters is I READ Now.

All the time.

All sorts of stuff. Stuff I’d NEVER have read BEfore.

And I am also watching documentaries, listening to TED Talks, and even stranger, really spending time reading other blogs, especially of the artists I participate with in weekly challenges.

I don’t often see or spend time with people LIVE & IN PERSON anymore, so I read thoughtfully when my “people” write and post.

And I write a LOT. People read ME. Respond. And we engage in thoughtful conversations. Together. Wherever they are.

It amazes me that this list–sharing set me on this path.

I love you, Currie

1 comment:

Tina´s PicStory said...

your blogtitle is cool! :)