Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Currie's Gratitude 8 January 2013



It is NOT all that different from sleep dreaming
Nor is it actually what I think of as daydreaming
It’s similar, I suppose, to visualising
And perhaps a little like meditating [without emptying your mind]
Except it is an entirely separate thing altogether…

Dreaming, for me, is a curious thing. I never consider the impossibility of the action, the players, even the set of my dreams. I don’t “cause” them to BE, nor DO I “direct” the players. I canNOT really even re-create the sets, no matter how hard I try to write it all down when I am awake.

It just HAPPENS.

I think why I BEgan my writing practise that is what it is Now as my First Thing Each Morning was to BEgin to put my toes in the water of Dreaming While Awake.

I give myself a prompt each day and write. I don’t think about what I want to write BEcause frankly I am still partly asleep. I think, too, this is why I get up long BEfore the sun has a mind to DO… Somehow it all works better in the wee dark nearing dawn-ness of a day.

I have learned myself through this practise. I have discovered my voice. I have BEcome Who and How and mayBE even WHAT I AM…

I love you, Currie

No comments: