Monday, January 14, 2013

Currie's Gratitude 14 January 2013




Following directions is easy and yet
Remarkably hard
Especially in uncharted territory
Like the savannah of Heart and Mind

I was noticing this morning how I have both followed directions, at least for a time, and then BEgan to follow the Spirit of directions. I suppose I could say The Spirit’s Directions, but frankly I am NOT that sure that would BE true.

When I BEgan my Morning Writing Practise, I was simply spinning in the wind. A LOT. I was blown this way and that and my attention was like a fart in a skillet. I came to it determined and intent and then frittered away the time seeking product more than process.

I didn’t know any better. Or any different. And still thought I WAS following directions…

For a time this worked well enough. And then I BEcame aware of the purpose of a writing practise. Or perhaps simply the purpose of MY Writing Practise.

When I used to write for publications I would BE asked to write 350 words or x-number of column inches. I BEgan to use a similar measure for Writing Practise. Little by slowly things changed.

And littler by even MORE slowly, things BEgan to CHANGE ME. And I let them. I surrendered my determined little intentions and Let GO of producing.

I love you, Currie

2 comments:

carol l mckenna said...

Lovely collage ~ spirit does take over once you are 'in process' ~ lots of wonderfully creative energy here ~

(A Creative Harbor) aka ArtMuseDog and Carol ^_^)

pauline said...

i love this collage Currie... and love you too. :-)
So nice to catch up here. Loved what you wrote about simply "spinning in the wind". Yes. i've been there. ((big hugs to you)) xox