Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Currie's Gratitude 16 January 2013



Life can BE unsettling
Throwing out curves
Slamming on brakes
Leaving things unfinished
[and unfinishable, apparently]
Learning to carry on, Quietly
Worth every effort.
Completely.

I am encouraged with each new day that I am learning to ride Life with greater assurance. Far from always on the top of the World, though I clearly have moments I imagine “like that,” I am IN this World Now. Completely.

I used to want always to BE part of the way in [the “good parts” part, of course] and close to the back door. I wanted the lay of the land so I could make my quick escape. Sounds a little dreadful, I know, but it is what it was and evermore shall BE, eh?! No matter how great my ideas for its improvement or full-scale change,  The Past shall BE what it is. Over. Done. Something to Let Go. Completely.

Carrying on quietly is something I am only Now realising the merits of DOing. My “quietly” used to BE rather noisy and indignant. Carrying on, at least MINE, was more likely a simmering fit than a confident stride. When I see what is NOT how I would prefer it BE, I know that it’s time to Change. Myself. Completely.

And so BEgins new Awareness. It slips into view. Silently. Completely…

I love you, Currie

1 comment:

Anke Martin said...

This 'new' awareness, just 'surprises' me out of the blue too. Quite a miracle itself and so feeling good :))))