Thursday, November 1, 2012

Currie's Gratitude 1 November 2012



An artist with the soul of a teacher,
I live Right Now in Gratitude.

When I wrote these words I was merely responding to an instruction. I am NOT entirely sure what the purpose was, though I DO recall the challenge. When it came time to have a profile on my blogs, I thought to use it for that. So in a sense, this line opens my profile. In 14 words I have said something about myself as an introduction.

Brevity has NEVER been my strong suit. Perhaps why I choose to contain things in a set number of words. When there is somewhere to aim, for whatever reasons, I find it better with a container. Go figure!

As 2012 is winding down, amazing as that may BE, I am going to use my daily Gratitude practise for sifting and sorting the many BEautimous rocks and shells this year has bestowed. The little lessons that created BIG CHANGES and opened doors I never knew were there, in that hallway where I was, for so very long, standing, in the dark, feeling quite hopeless and rather helpless.

I think in these 14 words I am introducing myself to ME. I can understand WHO I am and HOW to BE, even WHAT to DO simply by leaning into them. Completely…

I love you, Currie

No comments: