Monday, November 19, 2012

Currie's Gratitude 19 November 2012



BEing
BEcoming
These don’t happen all at once
Or for once and for all
They keep pace with the sun
In a time I can’t measure

It is a curious thing how things converge and hold sway. How ideas, like fireflies, light, then move on. How what I used to feel I MUST capture Now, I realise, is meant simply to enJOY. To experience.

Recent reading brought me back to a passage from The Velveteen Rabbit by Margery Williams.

“Real isn’t how you are made,” said the Skin Horse. “It’s a thing that happens to you. When a child loves you for a long, long time, not just to play with, but really loves you, then you become Real.”
“Does it hurt?” asked the Rabbit.
“Sometimes,” said the Skin Horse, for he was always truthful…

This is the way of the grandest bits of Life. Sometimes it is the Very Best Ever Things which hurt. Which make me, anyway, want to quit. To say ENOUGH!!!!! And then, from the Wherever I Am I look back to Somewhere Else I Was and I see it…

I’ve BEcome…

MayBE I’ve BEcome more real or more accomplished or more relaxed or just more simple. That last I love especially much. BEing more simple. Which also means, mostly, LESS Complicated. More ME…

I love you, Currie

3 comments:

Linda Richardson said...

great post! and art~ It doesn't happen all at once - hmmm I should write that on the bathroom mirror!

Ginger Davis Allman (The Blue Bottle Tree) said...

Love, love, love. :-)

Anonymous said...

Amen....I have been on a mission of simplicity for a few years now...I love that it is all beginning to show itself in how uncomplicated my life has now become...I love it.