Friday, November 16, 2012

Currie's Gratitude 16 November 2012



If you only knew…

How many ways could I complete that sentence?!

How many could YOU?!

I know. It is amazing isn’t it?! One of those things that makes you shake your head hoping to knock loose that incredible storehouse of hesitation in you.

For instance, If you only knew… how much it matters to me that I share this little piece of my writing every day. How it is so NOT about any of the gazillion and eleventy-seven things I’d thought it was.

If you only knew… that with your encouragements I have discovered what flying is. REALLY!!!

When I was writing on this earlier, I just let my sleepy brain partially fill in a bunch of If you only knew… and was utterly undone to discover what floated up. Literally floated up. NOT thought about, considered, or even edited. One bit…

What I know Now, having let these four words in [or is it out?!] is how much of a patchwork my heart is. How much unspokenness there is, despite all my wordswordswords andmorewordsstill. Who lives in me but probably never would have guessed it BEcause of all the If you only knew… I hold onto and fear [or simply refuse] to share out loud.

If you only knew… How would YOU finish that sentence today?!

I love you, Currie

1 comment:

Carolyn Dube said...

A very intriguing prompt you've shared today! You've got me wondering what will come out when I journal on this! Thanks for the spark!