Friday, November 2, 2012

Currie's Gratitude 2 November 2012



Learning to fly is
An extraordinary way
To live your Life

I am grateful for the Life I have chosen for myself. I so well remember this day six years ago, when it first really dawned on me what I had set in motion. I was still arrogant and oblivious enough to imagine all would “end up” just as I wanted.

And oh… I took myself so very seriously.

Learning to fly is one thing if you are a bird and made meant for flight. It is quite another thing altogether when you are made of oddly mis-matched human parts which never have seemed quite made for you. Perhaps there were some spare parts thrown in, for good measure when your chassis was on the line?!

Possibly…

Learning to fly has come to mean largely learning that faith is everything. I mean completely and only all the time. THAT faith.

I didn’t always love this Life…

And there have been many times when I’d have traded it for another. Even so recently as last week. And mayBE, too, early this morning in the midst of that really creepy dream that woke me up feeling just icky.

Yet it is a really extraordinary Life, mine. It stretches me and fascinates me and I have BEcome someone I REALLYREALLYREALLY like…

I love you, Currie

1 comment:

Carolyn Dube said...

What a great image to go with your post!