Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Currie's Gratitude 20 November 2012



when you don’t forget yourself
[or just canNOT bear to even once again…]
and instead remember
who you are
[and how]
you’ll discover you really can fly over that rainbow.

It is much easier to forget than it is to remember. I think it is, anyway. To play in that small little box of comfortable and familiar. To build up my walls and keep myself safe, above the fray.

BUT…

I’m actually quite tired of that. Tired of safe and secure and predictable. Especially when it comes to love. To expressing it. To showing it out loud [where I may still BE rejected or simply tossed aside] no matter the cost.

What is pride and saving my face if I canNOT look myself in the eyes?! If I canNOT grow BEyond this cozy little meadow with its butterflies and sweet flowers blowing on the morning’s breeze?!

It’s just so much nothing that matters [at least to me] as much as I might assume. It is good to stretch and to get uncomfortable. And a little regularly, too. BEcause Life is for growing. Growth.

We don’t stop growing BEcause we’re mayBE as tall as we’ll ever BE. [and some of us growing shorter] Or BEcause we’re grown-ups. Old. [older than young in any case]

Remember: We keep growing. Forever.

I love you, Currie

2 comments:

Julie Jordan Scott said...

Love the energy and colors of this collage. Speaks straight to my heart! THANK YOU, thank you, THANK YOU! for BEing true to you!

Tracey FK said...

this collage is stunning... and matches your words perfectly... xx