Saturday, November 3, 2012

Currie's Gratitude 3 November 2012



Travelling light
Staying open to possibility
And making it up as I go along.

There are so many little things I have taken for granted. Assumed. Projected. And it never fails to completely unDO me when I see it. Especially when I see it come apart. Or down round me.

When I get into a way of BEing, thinking I’ve got all my “cards” aligned and situated, Life comes along and laughs it all away. Sometimes this is so unexpected…

Others, well, NOT so much.

A long many years ago Now, I was walking on a dark country road with a friend. [we were so brilliant, at 18, thinking ourselves invincible…] I remember her saying, We live in a society of transience, mobility, and change. And, thinking myself clever, I agreed.

And so it has been. Constant as ever.

I’d like to imagine myself as someone who had set goals, worked toward them diligently, and achieved them with great delight. But that’s just NOT been the case, or ME.

I am much more of a responder; and sometimes simply a reactor. Pretty much every chapter of my Life has unfolded in response or reaction to Life’s “transience, mobility, and change.”

Making it up as I go along is how I am holding it. At least Just For Today…

I love you, Currie

2 comments:

Fallingladies said...

I think we all are making it up as we go, i react more than control my fate as well, ....

Tracey FK said...

I kind of like making it up as I go along... I figure half the time it will all end up in the air anyway... I watch my sister plan and organise like mad but she just seems stressed most of the time... I go with the flow and it always sorts...
great collage by the way... love those colours
T xx