Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Currie's Gratitude 6 November 2012



Nothing more to BE said
Nor done
There is nothing to fix
Or understand
It is
And that is enough.

If there is one thing about me I wish I could harness and make work “for good” it is my incessant and persistent desire to rewrite the Past. I feel like the speaker at the podium with at least a hundred more dog-eared page markers. The overtly frustrated Yes, But person who canNOT embrace much less accept reality’s realness.

Sometimes there is simply NOTHING. Nothing more to say. Nothing more required. Zero. Zip. Nada. Zilch.

And even though I DON’T think that this part of me will probably EVER go away completely, I am grateful.

MayBE grateful to see it and know it and call it mine, ME, and a part of Who I Am.

It is a thing that can BE strengthened and it absolutely DOES have a place, even if NOT the someplace it defaults to.

As a writer, I’ve rarely felt anything at all like a desire to write fiction. This has often puzzled me. Why, I wonder, if I have such a “penchant” for rewriting history DO I NOT channel it into story-telling?!

I don’t have an answer other than it just isn’t how it unpacks itself in me. It’s NOT how I roll…

I love you, Currie

3 comments:

Molly said...

I like the many layers of this piece!

Anonymous said...

Sometimes it feels good to just BE and not think so much about what has been or what will be. I'm so often in my head waaaay too much and this week, I've take a bit of a hiatus. I'm less chatty and just kicking back.

Storytelling plays an important roll in our lives. I'm a HUGE fan of Joseph Campbell. Maybe after a respite, my brain will kick back in and I'll start telling the stories again.

I like your collage. It is well layered.

Tracey FK said...

I am a huge fan of the whole story telling thing... I am often worn down by the stories we are handed and prefer the ones based in our lives and experiences... every Saturday morning Phantom and I spend time talking about our family stories and what has happened during the week that is story worthy while we have a cup of tea... it is my favourite time of the week ...xx