Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Currie's Gratitude 14 November 2012



I read this
Mostly
Can’t really say I have heard it said
That Said…
What DOES it mean?!

It is a funny way to go through Life, noticing turns of phrase, having an editor living inside somewhere BEtween my brain and eyes who almost NEVER shuts up, and all the while BEing open and willing to read and learn and listen and watch…

That said… Is it a new way of working round the supposed “enemy word” BUT?! MayBE. I can see how it might work, transitionally, better than And, the pretty much generic improvement.

That said ;~D, I still wonder why so many people are using this phrase. I know that when I DO read it, BEcause, frankly, I read far more than I converse these days, I will almost always back up and re-read a bit of what I just read, making sure I got the “THAT” of the “SAID.”

I don’t really mind the phrase. It’s found itself at home in the pile of Things That Distract Me. I mostly don’t like distraction. I like focus and to see where I am, where I am going.

And in a blink something comes clear. The distraction is here, inside the aforementioned nattering editor. I am a noticer, someone who pays attention. That said, what’s my point?!

I love you, Currie

3 comments:

carol l mckenna said...

Lovely creation and post ~ wonderful question ~ (A Creative Harbor) ^_^

pauline said...

this made me LOL. My first thought was "i KNOW!! I hate this saying too!!" ;-)
The collage is wonderful Currie. hugs. xox

Judy Hartman said...

Your collages are so strong, and I like that I really have to really think about what you've written.
And, yeah, THAT SAID is a strange phrase!!