Saturday, November 24, 2012

Currie's Gratitude 24 November 2012



What will you remember…
That I was kind
That I BElieved you
That I BElieved IN you
That I stayed
Waited
As long as it took???
Or
That I was inconsistent
That I could BE impatient
That when I was hurt I cried
Withdrew
Until I could stand again
On my own???

Some mornings, especially dark ones, ones where it is quite chilly here in the Wee Cottage, it seems almost silly that I get up long BEfore the dawn. Even sillier is that I intend to write and tap that into the reservoir that is Me BEfore the little voice inside me starts her editing and red-lining.

This morning I thought I pushed it a bit too far. A nice hot shower first thing. By the time I sat down to write, the old birdbrain was sparking on all cylinders. And still, When You Remember Me… made it as today’s writing prompt.

YIKES!!!

This one was a line in a song. I don’t even know which song or who it was singing, the thing was it just jumped up and called me out. As though there were no other choice. Sit down. Write. See what happens. Just, whatever you DO, DO NOT think about this too much.

Somedays are just like this. And it’s how I BEgin…

I love you, Currie

No comments: