Friday, November 9, 2012

Currie's Gratitude 9 November 2012



Most days
Were I to follow
A rule of thumb
For Life
For simply living it
And BEing in it
I’d choose
BE Light & deLIGHT
Only every single time

I realise that Life really is up to me. I mean, I can ALWAYS choose my attitude, adjust my thinking, and honour my feelings. BEyond that, what is there?!

I am consistently choosing to BE a simpler person Now. At this passage and in this time of my Life, all I want is what comes, even when what comes is NOT what I think [or thought] I want[ed].

Standing outside and looking in I might call me a tad bit delusional. I mean, after all… ;~D

You see, this has always, ALWAYS and in ALL WAYS, shapes, and forms, been the truth. I had the choice, I made my choice, and oftentimes I blamed you or them, he, she, or it for the lousy outcomes. The good ones?! Well, I might’ve attributed that to someone or something else, but if I am honest I have to say I took the credit. Mostly…

What I notice, Now, is that BEing Light and my intention focused upon creating/bringing deLIGHT pretty much keep Life and Me in the Land of Simplicity.

I wish I’d known this sooner… Glad I know Now.

I love you, Currie

2 comments:

Ginger Davis Allman (The Blue Bottle Tree) said...

I lived the first 40 years of my life being very concerned what others thought of me, about me. I tried to please. My sense of self extended into the space of others. A series of epiphanies changed that, and like you, I now know that I'm the one in charge of my life, my experience, my actions, my feelings. And even though I would love to blame someone else for my failures, I know that I can't. But even so, being responsible for my own reality is so much easier. Simpler. Free. Yes, it would have been great to have known this sooner. But we had to travel the path we did. Don't you just love life's lessons?

Hilary said...

Your words make me smile!

I must admit, when you asked the question: "BEyond that, what is there?!" my mind said: "hormones." Frankly because I found myself cranky a couple of mornings this week and I was trying to figure out why as I really had no reason to feel cranky.