Monday, November 5, 2012

Currie's Gratitude 5 November 2012



If anyone were to trust me
Or count on me to come through
And to BE there
I would NOT want
To NOT

I can make myself a little crazy somedays. What the gist of today’s writing is about is DOing What I Say I Will DO. BEcause, you see, if I am going to the trouble of saying I will DO a thing, of telling someone I will DO that thing, it will make me crazy NOT to.

Why crazy, you ask?!

Only BEcause it has always made ME crazy when someone says and doesn’t DO.

This is getting more convoluted by the second. Sorry…

I am grateful, really, that I DO what I say I will DO. That when I don’t DO what I said I would DO, nothing’s quite right.

BEing able to count on someone, to trust their word, this is an iceberg of disappointment in my Life. People often will say exactly what I want to hear, and then, in the blink of hearing them say so, I jump immediately to trusting. And you know what?! Mostly people DON’T DO what they said.

This is NOT an indictment, only an observation.

This is NOT a complaint, only a mile-marker for keeping my own word.

DO WHAT YOU SAY/SAID YOU WILL/WOULD DO.

Yes… DO.

I love you, Currie

3 comments:

Currie Silver said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hilary said...

Will DO!! :)

Ginger Davis Allman (The Blue Bottle Tree) said...

This has been a cornerstone of my life and so my children have had it drilled into them. My middle one is 17 and going through the realization that most people don't actually DO what they say. She'll come to me yet again, upset that a friend didn't follow through or stood her up. Why do so many people have trouble realizing that a forgotten lunch date IS a mark of trust? The little things count. And if you're not going to do it...don't say you will! (Love your blog, btw!)