Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Currie's Gratitude 27 November 2012



So what if others laugh
Ridicule
Call you names
Listening to yourself
Knowing what you need
WHEN you need it
This is an art

I’ve long been one who pushes through, goes to the point of exhaustion and then uses that to justify DOing something else that I know better than to DO. And the cycle starts. Push, Regret, Ignore.

I think that this is how I have managed to NOT realise so many of my dreams and goals. Pushing past where I needed to stop. To rest. To recharge…

And it is NOT just the DOing of things that brings this cycle into action. It is my thinkingandfeeling, my focus, my OVER-focusing on what is really marginal and insignificant. I think somewhere along the line I woke up to realise that I had just adopted some really skewed and [to me] insignificant priorities.

So again my learning is all about Letting Go. Giving myself over and into that Next Right Thing rather than repeating the pattern that squeezes my toes.

How is it that I didn’t even feel the pinch BEfore Now?! Was I asleep or is this some wild and crazy fad that I am passing through, realising so much I stood upon, firmly, was nothing more than a pile of dust?!

Hmmmmmmm… I DO know

I love you, Currie

1 comment:

Linda Richardson said...

oh my. fantastic writing. much to ponder here, and really speaks to me at this moment. thanks so much. xo L.